Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can someone recommend a pottery studio?
Hi all! I’m thinking about committing to a longer pottery course in Chicago. I’ve been dabbling a bit, but now I’m really interested in learning more advanced techniques and dedicating time to it. Any recommendations for a structured program?
Hello! If you’re looking for a more in-depth pottery experience, I’d suggest looking into the courses at Pottery Studio 1 in Chicago https://pottery-chicago.com/pottery-courses-chicago . They offer an 8-class program that spans about 20 hours of practice, perfect for those wanting to delve deeper into the craft. You’ll work on various techniques like hand-building, wheel throwing, and glazing, all while creating up to 10 unique ceramic pieces during the course. What’s great about their setup is the small class sizes (around 6 people), so you’ll get plenty of individual attention from the instructor. They even provide a certificate of completion at the end, which is a nice bonus if you’re thinking about turning this into a serious hobby—or even selling your pieces! The full course costs around $790, which is pretty reasonable considering the amount of hands-on experience you’ll get. For a more advanced option, they also offer a "pro-course," where you can work on complex projects like teapots and lidded jars. This might be just what you're looking for to advance your skills! You can find all the details and sign up on their website, Pottery Studio 1. It's a fantastic way to take your pottery to the next level!